Custom Query (332 matches)


Show under each result:

Results (73 - 75 of 332)

Ticket Resolution Summary Owner Reporter
#107 fixed email2trac cant format email sent by postfix bas Florian


I'm trying to run email2trac with postfix. It kindof works, but just kindof.

When I test it with

mail tracproj < msg.txt

a new ticket is created, but it is not formated at all. The whole email, including headers and mime definition is part of the description of the new ticket. and there are no attachement. The body looks

From ...  Wed Mar  8 15:29:17 2006
Return-Path: <...>
X-Original-To: ...
Delivered-To: ...
Received: from ( [])
	by localhost.localdomain (Postfix) with ESMTP id 506702800682
	for <...>; Wed,  8 Mar 2006 15:29:17 +0100 (CET)
Received: from [] ([] RDNS failed) by with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.1830); 
	Wed, 8 Mar 2006 15:29:17 +0100
Message-ID: <>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 15:29:13 +0100
From: Bas van der Vlies <....>
User-Agent: Thunderbird 1.5 (Windows/20051201)
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: ...
Subject: Test123
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------070800080005060203060809"
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 08 Mar 2006 14:29:17.0140 (UTC)

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit


When I try to create a ticket with

email2trac --project=tracproj < msg.txt 

the email is created and formated just fine.

I run it with mta_user=nobody and trac_user=root (I know, it is not the best way to run it with root...)

Any idea what I missed or what I could have done wrong?

Thanks Florian

#81 fixed email2trac chokes if debug is on and From header has non-ASCII characters bas jsoderba@…

I sent a test mail with Mozilla Thunderbird with the sender set to "Jan Söderback <jsoderba@…>" in UTF-8. The server is CentOS 5.2 with Postfix 2.3.3 and trac 0.10.4

Raw mail header:

From: =?UTF-8?B?SmFuIFPDtmRlcmJhY2s=?= <>

From syslog:

Sep  2 13:28:28 alfa email2trac: Traceback (most recent call last):
Sep  2 13:28:28 alfa email2trac:   File "/usr/local/bin/email2trac", line 1227, in ?     tktparser.parse(sys.stdin)
Sep  2 13:28:28 alfa email2trac:   File "/usr/local/bin/email2trac", line 807, in parse     self.new_ticket(m, spam_msg)
Sep  2 13:28:28 alfa email2trac:   File "/usr/local/bin/email2trac", line 683, in new_ticket     self.set_ticket_fields(tkt)
Sep  2 13:28:28 alfa email2trac:   File "/usr/local/bin/email2trac", line 665, in set_ticket_fields     print u'user_dict[%s] = %s' %(name, value)
Sep  2 13:28:28 alfa email2trac: UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 35: ordinal not in range(128)

If debug is 0 everything works as expected.

#205 fixed email2trac chokes on non-ascii (utf8) characters in workflow bas eirik.schwenke@…

We had an initial ticket status of "forespørsel", and that caused email2trac to fail with the error(s):

email2trac: Traceback (most recent call last): 
email2trac:   File "/usr/bin/email2trac", line 2133, in <module>     tktparser.parse(sys .stdin) 
email2trac:   File "/usr/bin/email2trac", line 1531, in parse     self.new_ticket(m, sub ject, spam_msg) 
email2trac:   File "/usr/bin/email2trac", line 967, in new_ticket     self.set_ticket_fi elds(tkt) 
email2trac:   File "/usr/bin/email2trac", line 876, in set_ticket_fields     print 'trac .ini name %s = %s' %(name, value) 
email2trac: UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf8' in position 27: ordinal not in range(128) 

It would appear some more care is needed to support unicode in all strings in email2trac. I had a brief look at the script, but couldn't easily see if it would be safe and sound to simply wrap all missing strings with a .encode('utf-8') or not.

For now the workaround has been to limit ourselves to ascii-characters in ticket-status names -- but that is obviously not a good solution (it's looks a bit strange in Norwegian, in eg. Japanese it would be hopeless).

Note: See TracQuery for help on using queries.