spvfs2 is an attempt to use the local scratch disks of the nodes in the Lisa (https://www.surfsara.nl/systems/lisa) system for MPI-IO.
It is based on the pvfs2 project, or more precise, the orangefs branch of the pvfs2 project. ( http://orangefs.org/ )
In the spvfs2 project the following points will be addressed:
- install pvfs2 (orangefs) on the lisa system and make it available with a module
- install openmpi with pvfs2
- test the software: pvfs2 and openmpi/pvfs2
- if usable: make the software available for the users of the Lisa system
- create documentation: on www.surfsara.nl, a presentation, man pages